6.06.2005

Friday Evening at the Field...

A friend of mine (and member of the Field Museum) invited me to join with him for Members Night this past Friday. I am a bit embarrassed to admit, that after living here nearly six years, I had not actually been to the Field (in spite of more than one attempt), and gladly took this opportunity to see the museum.
Upon entering the great hall, I felt that if one were to look up museum in the dictionary, the accompanying image would be of the Field. The place is truly a landmark of historic museum design. I didn't get many pictures, but here are a few things that caught my eye.


And not a single bulb burned out. That's amazing, but then so are these chandeliers.


The reason that many people go to the Field, is to see "Sue", the largest, most complete dinosaur skeleton anywhere. Well, while she is impressive (though not as big as I imagined her to be), I think she is also a bit too made up with "make-up". Just a bit to pretty with her custom made frame, and everything a bit too perfect. This is why I chose to photograph her backside, since it is a view that probably doesn't show up in the fancy brochures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home