5.10.2005

Temporary Views....

Be sure to pick up a copy of Wednesday's Tribune, grab hold of the Tempo Section where I will be mentioned in Blair Kamin's article about temporary views.

(Edit 9:15 AM Wed) Here is a link to the article: Another perspective: views around worksites


When I signed the dotted line on my loft back in 2002 I knew that someday my view would go away... Eventually.... Based on the history of Block 37, I wasn't worried that I would loose my view any time soon. Well...It turns out, I may be loosing it sooner than I had originally anticipated when they begin construction on Block 37 later this year. It seems that the Mills Corporation is actually getting retailers to climb on board, and things are looking more and more like they might actually happen more than at any time in the 15 years since the block was leveled in 1990.

Today I offer a sample of what I have the fortune (for now) to see each day from my living room. This is the view as of 8:20 Pm on Tuesday.

Here is the view this morning as I was getting ready for work. The trailers are for the stars of what ever movie they are filming here right now.


One of the benefits I will miss will be my view of things like this marathon from early March, along with the Thanksgiving Parade.
Fortunately in the end, higher equity in my home will replace the view I will loose.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your discoveries inside the canyons of Chicago!

5/11/2005 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for this site! I am a former Chicagoan, exiled to Colorado where I live from one Chicago trip to the next. I check this site several times a week, to combat severe homesickness! Thank you! Love the pictures.

5/14/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

I am glad I can help. I often feel as though I live in paradise and it feels wonderful to be able to share it with those who are not able to be here.

5/15/2005 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home