5.29.2006

Random Mondays... 05.29.06...

Looking through my images over the past few weeks, I noticed more images with people than usual. Now, those who know me, know that I usually don't take a lot of images with people as the subject matter. But, I thought I would share a few shots from the past couple of weeks.

First, a family posing in front of Cloudgate (The Bean) about ten days ago, with three different people taking pictures.


Reflection in blue.. Folks passing time at the Crown Fountain. This was the same day as above, as you can tell, it was quite cold.


At the LaSalle Bank Theater on Friday, these two were filling out entry forms for prizes in the newly added bar area of the lobby.



This thoroughly bored man standing at the corner of State and Monroe was trying to give away gifts to those who signed up for a Zales Card. Little does he know that the people that want to shop at Zales can do it at their local mall.


While waiting for the train on the platform at Madison and Wabash yesterday, I saw this presumably homeless woman, putting on make in the mirror of a Lexus. At least she knows her expensive vehicles.


OK, so this doesn't have people in it (except for the passengers in the car). I was in Naperville on Saturday, when we came across this vintage Burger King still in operation. I know... Why the hell was I in Naperville? Long story.... And yes I did have my passport.

5 Comments:

Blogger EasyW said...

My God, how horrible for you to have to travel into the dark wilderness of the sprawling suburbs! Oh the humanity! But you survived, and are a stronger person for it! I hope you had all your shots and received a thorough de-contamination cleansing and proper doses of culture and diversity as a 'welcome home' upon reaching the Chicago city limits. Oh, you poor, poor thing!!!

6/01/2006 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the above commenter's icon says it all

6/01/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

EasyW... We went through this before a few months ago. I don't lump all suburbanites into a single group. And to quote you... "If I was single and/or childless, or wealthy enough to send my kids to Pakrer or Latin, yes, I'd be livin in some hipster hood."
http://iconeon.blogspot.com/2006/02/222-without-codeine.html

6/01/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger EasyW said...

I know.. I'm just giving you a hard time...

6/03/2006 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the women putting on makeup using the rearview mirror... it captures the humanity that binds us all together. Everyone wants to spruce up sometimes...

6/04/2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home