7.04.2005

Happy 3rd of July!...

It appears that Chicagoans have taken it upon themselves, the need to move the celebration of the birth of our nation to a more convenient date of July 3rd. While I will acknowledge that watching fireworks on July 3rd as opposed to July 4th is more convenient, I suspect it is just a way to allow more people to drink knowing they don't have to go to work today.

I spent the evening on the roof of the east tower at Marina City (surprise, surprise), along with hoards of others, which prevented me from capturing any real images of the fireworks themselves. But, here is the reflection of the fireworks in the building to the right of the Hancock.


A view of the hoards on the roof of the west tower watching the show as well.


After the main show was over, the secondary show lay out across the city and the suburbs. For hours you could see illegal fireworks going off as far as the eye could see.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! I used to live in the east tower and our balcony had the perfect view of the fireworks. I never made it up to the roof. Thanks for the shots, keep 'em coming.

I miss Chi-town. :(

7/06/2005 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home