8.24.2005

Rats with Wings?...

While pigeons may be a member of the dove family, they certainly don't offer up many pleasant thoughts from us urban dwellers.

Chicago is home to more pigeons than I would care to know, mostly residing along Wabash Avenue where I took these shots. They're population is heaviest at Wabash and Madison, but alas, when I went by that corner, they were not at home.


While it is technically illegal to feed them, the city doesn't really enforce the law unless you are giving them tons of food, because it then becomes food for the real rats. I like how individual they can be.


It is also fun to watch them panic and take off!

4 Comments:

Blogger Devyn said...

(Spam Comment has been deleted)
It sucks when one's comments get spammed!!!

8/25/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Oh silly me, individual comments can't be deleted. (That sucks even more than spam!)
To help minimize spam comments, I have instituted the "Word Verification" feature.

8/25/2005 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, spam sucks, and it never stops. Bah! I don't really find the word verification thing too annoying, as some others do. Hope this works well!

8/25/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

A bit fan of Burt from Sesame Street, I have never minded pigeons much. I was, however, walking to work today and passed a pigeon eating from a puddle of vomit outside of a bar and my admiration for the flying rats was born.

8/25/2005 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home