3.29.2006

Where in the Loop is This?... 03.29.06...

It is Wednesday again, and that means it is time for this weeks "Where in the Loop is This?"

Let me know if you can identify where you would find this image and/or what the image is. No prizes, but I will reveal the answer and first correct guesser on next Wednesday.
This week:

Hint:
1) Thousands walk by these granite lozenges each day, I would bet, maybe a dozen or so actually notice them.

Last Weeks Image:


Well, I wasn't sure how long it would take to be guessed, but Jason Pettus was very close with this guess: "A detail from those ornate street lamps in the Loop, also on State Street." He had the first part correct, but for the second part, the lamp posts are along Wacker Drive. It never occurred to me that there would be birds molded into the lamp posts, till I stumbled on them one day.

The lamp post for the above close up at Wacker and Franklin.


I took this shot last year, which was the inspiration for last weeks post.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it a paver from the areas surrounding Mise's Federal Plaza?

4/01/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jason Pettus said...

Cool! The reason I made the guess, by the way, is because I came across a dissembled streetlight on State Street myself a couple of months ago; they look very similar to the one you photographed.

4/03/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

That disassembled street light was on State and Washington, across the street from my place. It was several weeks ago. I saw it, but was in a hurry and couldn't stop to take pics. Of course, when I went back later, it had been removed.

>D<

4/04/2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home