3.23.2006

Sundown on Washington...

Yesterday on my way home I was noticing that the sun setting in the clear skies, and being the time of year of the Spring Equinox, I remembered that the sun would set shining down the east/west streets of the Loop. I also remembered a spot on Washington where I had taken previous images, and immediately made my way over there.


I shot a few images on Washington at Clark last September when the sun shone down the streets like this before, and they didn't turn out so well. Well this time, standing under the scaffolding along side the County portion of the City/County Building, I took about a dozen shots, and the results weren't much better. But, the these didn't come out too bad.


Across the street (the scaffolding is on the right) looking West. I love the long shadows and eerie glow on the street during this very brief moment.


Walking toward State along B-37.


And finally, the ubiquitous image of the sun reflecting off of an "L" Train.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That last one is truly stunning! Really unusual! Good job!

JL

3/23/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger loopper said...

I agree, really beautiful.

Hey devyn, I finally linked your blog to mine. It is truely a joy looking at it.

xo d.

3/24/2006 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home