3.15.2006

Where in the Loop is This?... 03.15.06...

Last week I tried a new feature out on my blog... One image, one question. "Where in the Loop is This?" Well, the response was good enough to do it again. This time I tried to make it easier to guess (I hope).
Let me know if you can identify the location of where this image was taken, and/or what the image is. No prizes, but I will reveal the answer and first correct guesser the next Wednesday.

Hints:
1: This building once housed a horse carriage showroom.
2:
3:


Last Weeks Image:

My first attempt at this new series was much more challenging than I thought it would be. It took a while, but Chicagolvr did guess that it would be a Bridge Tender who would have access to the space, as well as the guess about it being unheated space causing the the running water sign. This is the Randolph Street Bridge House, and the image of the window (red arrow at bottom) was shot from the bridge.

Hints...
1:This was shot from street level.
2:There is a good reason why the water would need to be running this time of year.
3:The general public does not have access to this space.
4: The person(s) which would access this space have the word "tender" in their job title.



As a qualifier, I will consider the boundaries of the Loop to be the area between Roosevelt to the south, Chicago Ave to the north, Lake Michigan to the east, and the Kennedy to the west.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLW worked on the 10th floor... It's the FAB of course!!

3/15/2006 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the courtyard of the Artists Building?

3/15/2006 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! I've never "won" anything in my life! I'm all verklempt! *fans self*

I have no idea where this week's picture is from, but it looks like an inner courtyard of some sort.

Very cool, Devyn! Keep 'em coming!

Chicagolvr

3/16/2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

OK, so I went from too difficult to too easy.... I will find the balance soon.

3/16/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home