3.26.2006

Helicopter Lift... Again...

Today as we were reading the paper, we heard the familiar sound of chop, chop, chop..... This is the fifth time I have experienced a helicopter lift since moving to the Loop in 2003. This includes two times when I was paid $100.00 cash to vacate my apartment because the helicopter was lifting over my building. (See previous post here.)

Here are a few of the shots taken from my living room this morning.


As you can see, the helicopter came down in front of the Chicago Theater pretty low. It was different to be looking down given that I am not that high up.


The blades of the helicopter were only feet from the student housing on the corner of State and Randolph.






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was being lifted this time?

And why do you have to leave? In case the helicopter crashed into your floor??

3/26/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

The FAA requires that the top two floors of any building which the helicopter is lifting the cargo over, to be vacant. To do that, the helicopter company has to bribe the residents to leave.
For a $100 cash, I will go away for a few hours...

>D<

3/27/2006 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was for the ABC studio, correct?

4/05/2006 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home