7.11.2005

On the Right Track...

Often overlooked when we ride the "L" (because we are mostly concerned that we don't sit in anything we don't want to smell like), the tracks themselves can be a source of beauty in their own right.

This view of the tracks from the over-pass at the Belmont station has much to reveal.

Looking north from Belmont, the tracks split off for the Brown Line. I lived in the black building in the distance from 2000 to 2003 (and didn't realize that I actually had a view of this).

Looking south from Belmont. When you look closely at the tracks you can see how un-even they are. This would explain why the trains rock back and forth as much as they do.


Side note: I quit smoking on July 2nd. This is a pretty big deal for me, as I have been smoking since many of my readers were under the age of 10. I have had my moments in the last week, but thanks to Nicoderm CQ (annoying site), and the support of my close friends and co-workers, I am managing to hang on. I put a li'l java script on my sidebar to keep track of the number of day's since my last smoke.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on quitting smoking. Keep the great photos and entries coming!

7/11/2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

You have a remarkable ability to pick up these wonderful patterns in things that we see every day. I liked the first shot especially

7/12/2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home