7.08.2005

Things that involve water...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I have taken a new position at work, and have been spending way too many hours sitting in a cube.
Today I was thinking about water, not sure what prompted that thought, but I thought that I should find images that involve water, and are a bit unexpected for being in or around Downtown.

This is from what I understand to be an old steam plant run by Com-Ed, located just a few feet north of where Roosevelt crosses the river. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)


I work next to the river and every so often, I see these barges running down the river, tied together like this. In the fall, they fill them with salt to prepare for winter.


This shows the water as it hits the base of the Plensa Fountain at Millennium Park.


This is a scene right out of some coastal town on the Atlantic... It is actually near where the Chicago River meets up with Lake Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home