8.05.2005

Big John's view...

I don't get up to the Hancock often, but last weekend, Michael secretly plotted to take me there. We wound up there during one of our many walks. This in my opinion is by far the best view of the city. The Sears Tower is nice, and slightly taller, but it just doesn't compare to the view of the city from the Hancock.


Michael.... This one is for you.


Looking north. Is it me? Or, can you also begin to see the curvature of the planet?


Same shot but with zoom. I once lived in that tall black building in the center of the photo. Hard to believe it is six miles north of the Hancock. You can also make out the Baha'i Temple in Wilmette.


Oh, and Michael.... Thank you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* I miss Chicago SO much! This is my favorite view of the City.

Thank YOU, Devyn!

Chicagolvr

PS. I know your artistic "eye" is fantastic, but I have to say, that camera ROCKS!

8/06/2005 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the play of marina city with the mies building next door. I have a great shot of river city reflection in the mies glass - in B&W. Bet it would be fantastic in color -- but have I mentioned latley that I'm stuck in flipping Phoenix and it really sucks? Oh well. Get to visit home next week and I may never leave. I think Lower Wacker might be better than here.

8/09/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Having been to Phoenix this past February, I would think Lower Wacker would be much nicer! ;-)
Thanks for the feedback, you can be assured that there will be more images involving Marina City and Mies.

8/10/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger JK said...

i live in the shadow of that tall black building. its now a marker for westbound to ORD flightpaths. yay.

10/31/2005 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home