7.21.2005

Shadows, Shadows, Shadows...

Black shadows on black paint, here at the "Asian House of Chicago" (Kinzie St. near LaSalle). It seems that it takes the sun shining at an acute angle to bring out the remaining italianate details from this 19th century building.


A common site, the shadows of fire escapes upon the sides of buildings. This one does a play on play, with the shadow grid upon the grid of the brick.


Sun along the alley side of my building, a brief moment my neighbors across the hall from me relish. (I get the brief moment of sun in the AM). I have walked by the alley on my way too and from for a couple of years, and I finally captured the sun at the right angle to see this very heavy, but delicate shadowing of the sills and brick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home