4.03.2006

Random Mondays... 04.03.06...

Today's randomness comes from all over the place.

First up... The completed glass lobby enclosure at 200 W Madison on the NE corner of Madison and Wells. Previously, the giant black steel sculpture, Dawn Shadows by Louis Nevelson (1983) was outside, exposed to the harsh Chicago elements. Now they have "scootched" the giant sculpture a few feet closer to the building, and enclosed it in glass. This took nearly a year to complete.


Proof that spring is closer to actually being here.


Shot this at the Harbor Point Condominiums located on the far east end of Randolph Street. I have way too many memories of these 1970s street lamps.


Zig zag of ramps on the Kennedy. Taken from near Randolph looking towards Washington.


Irving Park "L" Station this past Saturday evening after dining on delicious German food on Lincoln Ave.


I have posted this before, but by special request, I am reposting the Tiffany Ceiling at Marshall Fields. Shot from the main floor looking straight up to the sixth floor ceiling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for these pictures, Devyn, but most ESPECIALLY the Tiffany ceiling at Field's! It is my favorite part of my favorite store in my favorite city, so you will understand that it is dear to my heart! Thanks again!

JL

4/04/2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

JL, You are welcome, glad I can do it.

>D<

4/04/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home