5.15.2006

Random Mondays... 05.15.06...

This weeks of randomness shot over the past couple of weeks.

First up, the platform at Washington Wells.


111 S Wacker (right, 2005), 150 S Wacker (bottom, 1951) and Hyatt Center (left rear, 2005) against the bluest of skies.


Crown Fountain, Millennium Park.


LaSalle Street north from Jackson.


Presidential Towers from Madison over the Kennedy.


200 S Wacker (Harry Weese) as reflected across Adams Street.


"___tral CAMERA", My favorite lil camera shop... And my favorite neon sign in the city. I always worry about this place, with all the big box stores around. Please don't go out of business. (although I would love it if you could fix the "Cen".)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

central camera is my new favorite shop too. their knowledge beats any big-box shop and the prices are competitive

5/16/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Iwanski said...

Unfortnuately, I can't imagine this store being around in a few years.

We've just about reached the point where 99% of people go to Best Buy, get a digitial camera they like, and some memory cards.... and then they have no good reason to buy any cameras or film or pay for developing.

This place can't stay in business selling tripods.

5/20/2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

I agree completely that it is hard to imagine that this place can stay alive. Especially, with the sad website they have, But if they handle it right, they can remain a regional source for the photo enthusiast and professional.

I will admit to buying my camera online at $150.00 less than Best Buy. But I do try to spend my money there when I can, and I did spend over $200.00 for a really good tripod.

Oh, buy the way, they did fix the neon sign this past week. I shot a couple of pics of it this afternoon.

5/20/2006 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home