5.08.2006

Random Mondays... 05.08.06...

This weeks randomness is selected from images shot over the past week.

Beginning Tuesday night, Conan O'Brien will be at the Chicago Theater to tape his show for the week. I was among the more than 90,000 people that sent an email requesting tickets... Oh well, I guess I will just have to stay up late and watch it a couple of blocks away.


West Calhoun Place looking west from State.


Mid Continental Plaza (right) is soon have it's top 12 floor converted to condos, and while I am not convinced of the exterior plan, I would love to live there.


69 W Washington as reflected in the Daley Center


Edward Hopper's Night Hawks at the Art Institute yesterday. I have seen this painting several times in the past, but like several others at the museum, I am still a bit stunned when I unexpectedly catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye.


Dearborn Station as seen from Washington Street.

3 Comments:

Blogger QuadCityImages said...

I was thinking that you had to sneak a shot in the Art Institute, and then to my surprise read that non-flash still photography of the permanent collection is allowed! Somehow I never knew that.

5/09/2006 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos. Would you mind taking another request? Could you take some pictures while Conan is in town? Of the lines from above and then the street life around the theatre? That would be awesome. Thanks

5/09/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Unfortunately, they are taping in the afternoon while I am at work. But if I see something, I will do my best...

>D<

5/09/2006 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home