2.21.2006

Inside MAM...

Yesterday I posted about MAM using exterior images, and as promised, today, it is all about the inside. I had a very difficult time sorting through more than 50 images of the interior, but I managed to bring it down to this group.

I will begin with standing in the main hall, looking up at the underside of the Burke Brise Soleil.





They sell a postcard of this image, but why buy an postcard when you can do it yourself. I happened to get lucky with a person at the other end of the space, unfortunately, the floor (unlike the postcard) needed to be polished.


Round Elevator from the bridge entrance.


Round Elevator from inside.


Afternoon sun shining in the West Galleria.


West Galleria between the beams.


Same shot, earlier with different angle.


East Galleria and it's shiny floor.


East Galleria looking towards the entrance to the regular collection.


Person on bench in East Galleria.


Different person, different angle.


Looking up at the West Galleria from the lower level.


Light-well East Galleria.


Oh, and they have art too! Really good art!

This was the first time I have had the opportunity to visit MAM, and I was quite impressed, not just with the Calatrava wing, but the collection itself. It was quite simply, amazing. They have a fantastic collection of 20th century art, covering a very broad range including fine examples of Pop Art, New Realism, Minimalism, Post Minimalism, Contemporary Art, and a lot more. The trip was so very worth it, even if the temp on Saturday never exceeded 3 degrees.

6 Comments:

Blogger John Hill said...

That first one's quite dizzying. When I visited last year they had art in the West Galleria, making the long wait in line more bearable. It looks like you probably didn't have much of a wait, though.

2/21/2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Went on Sunday, no wait at all... Other than the main hall being in use for a private event in the morning. It was wrapped up by the time we left in the afternoon by which time the museum was pretty much a ghost town.

2/21/2006 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always a fan of your photos, and I *love* Calatrava. We *so* need to make the Fordham Spire a reality.

2/22/2006 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos rock!

2/22/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger EasyW said...

nice.

Next time, take pics of the brewery - much more joy and happiness there.

2/22/2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

WOW... I can't wait to explore your site. My friend (and yours), Stefan, just sent me your link. I'm in love with MAM... I have an itchy Orbitz finger right now... feel like jumping on the next flight out. Ohhhh... I can't wait for his transit hub at Ground Zero. I just linked to your blog on my blog as well. Cheers!

2/27/2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home