4.06.2006

Trump-o-Rama...

For many of my readers, the following pics are nothing special, but to those who live in Chicago vicariously through my images, the reality of the Trump International Hotel & Tower (TIH&T) rising above street level is downright astounding. I thought today I would post a few images of the progress so far, not the prettiest images, but this puts it in scale.

This view is from the front of the IBM Building on Wabash looking across the street. TIH&T is up to the second floor (of eighty two, I think?).


TIH&T from the plaza of the Wrigley Building along the river.


From the Michigan Ave Bridge, you can get a perspective of how it relates with the rest of the buildings along the river


Close up of the scaffolding.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Thank you! Even though I live here, I don't get down to that part of the Loop that often, and it's nice to see how Trump is progressing. It's fascinating to think about how Chicago's skyline could change in the next 5-10 years.

4/07/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger John Hill said...

That second image really shows how this building will block the IBM Building from the east.

4/07/2006 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how at this point in it's construction, it resembles the shape and scale of the old Sun-Times building.

4/07/2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there no pedestrian riverwalk on that side of the river? If not, then too bad -- river views shouldn't be the exclusive domain of those who live in buildings like this. It would be great to have a narrow spot of green, with occasional park benches, etc., to walk along the river and enjoy all of the amazing architecture.

4/07/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

There is a plan for a river walk when it is completed. Here is a link to an image where you can see details.

TIH&T Riverwalk Plan

4/07/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pics, Devyn! I didn't make it to the site when I was in town in March (kicking myself for that), so the update is awesome!

With any sort of luck, I'll make it back to Chicago in late April or early May...

-- I

4/07/2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the riverwalk, Devyn. The building looks like it goes right to the water's edge, so I'm glad to hear that it doesn't.

My guess is that the tower will start to rise much more quickly when the first setback is cleared.

4/08/2006 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home