6.26.2006

Random Mondays... 06.26.06...

Today's random selection was culled from shots taken over the past week.

First up, we have a shot taken under Columbus Drive yesterday.
Under Columbus Drive

While on a visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo on Saturday, the Lion House was all a flutter with the lions receiving a special treat. I am not sure what type of animal this giant bone came from (an elephant perhaps?) but it seemed very Flintstones like.
Lion Treats

An angle of the Plensa Fountain at Millennium Park that isn't often photographed (by myself or others) The water hitting the up-lighting.
Plensa Splash

Waiting at Belmont for a Brown Line. This station along with the others along the Brown Line will be going away as they rebuild the tracks. Even though the platform is archaic and outdated, I will miss it's quirkiness.
Waiting at Belmont

Looking out my window last week, I couldn't help but notice this pink concrete truck on Block 37. I took a few shots of it, and after looking closer at the images, I was able to figure out that the truck was painted pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. Now I am in no way trying to dis Breast Cancer Awareness, but didn't they take the pink ribbon idea from the red ribbon fight for AIDS? And why isn't there a red truck out there for AIDS awareness?

Breast Cancer Awareness

Found on the intersection of Clyborn and Willow. I have never seen this kind of set up for fire hoses.

Just in Case


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lion is Adelor, and the bone is from a cow. Not very exotic.

6/26/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Sad to see the Belmont stop go...Spent lots of time waiting for the brown line to Ravenswood there. (My dad and his girlfriend are in Lakeview and I had a friend who used to live in Ravenswood, right off the Damen stop... Sadly, she's in TN now)

-A

6/26/2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

I am glad to find out the bone if from a cow.

6/26/2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home