2.28.2006

The Berghoff Has Left the Building...

Well... By the time you are reading this, the end has come for the venerable Berghoff restaurant. I did a few posts on the Berghoff this past year well before I knew of the impending closure.

For today's post, I thought I would dig up a few images from the past year and present them again.This shot was taken this past January on a chilly, but sunny day. Another perfect use for 16:9 format.


Another sign, from another time, soon to be gone.
Perhaps they'll open up a Subway sandwich shop across the street.


Saturday crowd, lining up for lunch.


This shot from last September was an attempt to recapture the reflections captured the previous March.


The March shot that captured me.


I have taken dozens of shots of the reflection of the sign in the window this past year. None (in my mind) equal the one I took last March.

Here is the result from January...


...And last May with the neon lit....


...And the shot from last March that started them all. Of the more than 15,000 images I have shot in the Loop, this has become one of my absolute favorites.


Previous Posts on the Berghoff:
12/28/2005: Another Loss
09/22/2005: Reflections on the Equinox
05/09/2005: The Berghoff


1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Alas -- I used to like to eat at the Berghoff on trips to Chicago.

3/01/2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home