Cinderella Seen at Marshall Fields...
I had meant to get these images shot and posted sooner, especially after the unveiling of the windows several weeks ago. I was waiting for the right moment to get out there and take them without the crowds. Well the right moment was this past Sunday, just after 7AM. So, I bring you all eleven windows including the verbiage to go along with... Enjoy!
1. Once upon a time there lived an exceptionally beautiful, but unhappy girl named Cinderella. Her cruel stepsisters treated her horribly, making her do all of the hard work, cooking, and cleaning, while they lived like queens.
2. News arrived that the king's son was throwing a grand Christmas ball where he was to choose a bride. The sisters primped and planned endlessly, warning Cinderella she was not invited.
3. Unbeknownst to her stepsisters, Cinderella secretly had her own magnificent ball gown.
4. Cinderella's stepsisters and stepmother discovered the gown and jealously ripped it to shreds.
5. Suddenly, a fairy godmother appeared and repaired the gown with the help of Cinderella�s animal friends. The new dress was even more spectacular than the original. "You wish in your heart to attend the ball; is it not so?" the fairy godmother asked. "Oh yes!" cried Cinderella. More than anything in the world."
6. With a wave of her wand, the fairy godmother made it so. She transformed lizards into footmen, mice into horses, a toad into a coachman, and a pumpkin into a splendid carriage. As Cinderella waved goodbye, the fairy godmother cautioned her, "Do not stay past midnight when everything magical will turn back to normal."
7. So lovely was Cinderella, the entire ballroom was awestruck by her radiance - especially the prince, who danced with Cinderella only from that moment on.
8. Lost in the magic of the evening, Cinderella heard the clock struck twelve. Startled, she jumped and fled up the stairs. In her haste, she lost one of her crystal slippers. "I will find the one who fits this slipper, for she is to become my wife," vowed the prince. He then ordered his servants to try the slipper on every maiden in the land.
9. One by one, they tried on the shoe in vain. The stepsisters also tried desperately but unsuccessfully to squeeze into the shoe.
10. Cinderella escaped from her room just in the nick of time and slid her foot right into the crystal slipper. It fit perfectly and the prince realized he had found his beautiful princess.
11. The prince and Cinderella had a fairy-tale wedding and lived happily ever after.
I will continue to shoot more of Fields final year before it become Macy's.