1.26.2006

Pie Slice in the Sky (Part III)

Today was a wonderfully sunny and clear and I wanted to get out there and take some pics. Unfortunately, I had to wait till evening. Michael led me up to the roof deck at Marina City and, with tripod in hand, and a goal to capture new shots of the city, I did manage to take a few dozen or so. Unfortunately, when I got home and downloaded them, the wind blowing on my camera was just too strong for many of the images to be presentable.

I did however spend some time on Michael's balcony tonight and took several shots. So picking up on a series from this past June (Part I) and (Part II), I bring you more from the pie slice in the sky.


More 16:9 goodness, I really like the wide, almost "pano" feel of this aspect ratio setting.


Looking south across the balcony next door.


Looking up at West Tower.


Back to regular old 4:3, looking down at House of Blues.


Down on the ground looking up, you can see the new ring of lights they have installed at the top of the "cap" on the roof.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool photos. When did they add that ring of lights at the top?

1/27/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Michael (who lives in east tower)spotted them for the first time on Wednesday night. So, I would guess within the last week, but not before.

1/27/2006 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home