1.30.2006

One Year Ago...

It began one year ago today.... My first few posts were not much... The format needed work.... But, not being the best at self promotion, I have managed to cobble together more than 1000 images in more than 250 posts, and you my dear readers provide me with well over a hundred visitors a day. Thanks!
I thought about the past year, and how to represent it, so I went back through and found a few of my favorite images along with links to the related posts from this past year.

In February, I brought you Ice:


In March it was all about a Green River:


In April I took a closer look at 540 W Madison:


May found me looking at Breasts:


June gave me access to views from atop Marina City:


In July there were Things that Involve Water:


In August I posted various Sharp Night Shots:


In September I took a liking to the Corner Shot:


October granted me access to night shots of Daley Center:


On a Sunny November day I stumbled across the Pittsfield Escape:


December was all about the Final Rush:


And finally, January was all about warmth and a Foggy Hancock:


Other highlights of the year included being mentioned last May in an article by Chicago Tribune Architecture Critic, Blair Kamin about temporary views. As well as several mentions and/or photo credits on such sites as Chicagoist and Gapers Block.

My major project of the year was my Unknown Loop Streets Series. Over the course of several months, I posted on 15 different streets mapped on Google, located within the Loop, but unknown to most passersby.


The new year brings new challenges, new opportunities, and with the new camera, I hope better images. My priority is to learn how to take better images, and how to use my camera to my advantage. I also plan to introduce a completely updated and better site over the next few months.
Thanks again... To you my reader... For keeping me motivated to get my butt out there and shoot images of my neighborhood.

EDIT - 1/31/06: I fixed all of the images above so that they will open larger in a new window. I meant to do it yesterday, but didn't get a chance.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just awesome, Devyn! As usual....

JL

1/30/2006 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1 yr anniversary. I love the photos.. don't stop!

-Paul

1/31/2006 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! :-)

1/31/2006 2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great year-end wrap up. looking forward to lots more. thanks for sharing.

1/31/2006 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the breathless anticipation as I click on your blog every day...

For the little gasp, and then the "ohhhhh!!!" as the site loads and I see the beautiful pictures unfold one after the other...

For the patterns, colors, angles textures, and shadows...

For showing us the hidden parts of the City that aren't in the guidebooks...

For the visually stunning pictures that I wish were at least 16 x 20 large in order to surround my workspace with them...

For sharing with us the magnificence that is Chicago...

Thank YOU, Devyn! Please don't ever stop!

Chicagolvr

PS. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a forthcoming book! (Hint hint) :-)

1/31/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Devyn said...

Gosh, Thanks! I will surely do my best...

>D<

2/01/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger loopper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/02/2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger loopper said...

Stumbled upon your blog by chance, and absolutely loved it. Just got back from Chicago and it is still in my heart. Can I link yours to mine?

2/02/2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

^Loopper, wasn't able to find your blog. Is it "b:loopper"?

2/02/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger loopper said...

Yes, b:loopper it is. Shall we chat maybe off 'comments'? My comments are hidden, so will you please send me your email address on that?

2/02/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Devyn said...

loopper, Glad you have enjoyed. Sure, you can link. My e-mail address is in my profile, but here it is as well:

looper_312 (at) yahoo (dot) com

2/02/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Michael R. Allen said...

Thanks for doing what you do. Your blog brings me back to Chicago almost daily, in vivid detail.

2/02/2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home